The easiest way to identify fonts is also 100% free to use and you don’t need to register.
After this article, you will know to identify fonts from any medium:
- Pictures that you take with your phone or computer software (screenshots).
- Themes and templates
- Documents of all kinds
- Landing pages
- And the list can continue
The guide that you will find below is for both beginners and advanced users, being super simple to follow.
For whom is this guide? For anybody that works and loves fonts – web designers, web developers, freelancers, online shops, blog owners, font enthusiasts, etc.
Why Should You Identify Fonts?
Font identification is many times ignored or not used at its maximum potential.
The internet is filled with tons of beautiful fonts that we see often while we browse websites, but even so, when it is time to pick a font for our project, we still go to Google Fonts (they have awesome fonts, no comment) and we forget that we can use any other font that we loved on a certain website.
There are cool new fonts out there, free to use. They wait for you to pick them. Or better said, to identify them. ☺
It is great to use popular fonts, it is harder to go wrong with them, but we should always try to improve the design of our projects with better fonts. We see these fonts on the hundreds of websites that we visit each month.
Better fonts will help our websites convert and feel better.
And with the right font identifier, it is super simple to find out the details of all the fonts we like.
The Easiest Way to Identify Fonts
Until I reached this solution, I tried most of these available solutions on the market.
I thought that all these solutions will be very similar and simple to use.
But I was wrong.
Only the solutions to identify fonts from the web were similar. They all worked pretty well, we’re free to use and were efficient.
It is true that 2-3 of them had better and simpler-to-use interfaces, but all of them were fine to use.
The tools capable of identifying fonts from pictures were extremely different.
I wanted a tool to identify fonts from pictures, this is extremely useful.
Imagine a tool that can identify fonts from any picture you take with your phone.
This is the tool that I will show you. And this tool can also identify fonts from the web (website, emails, landing pages, etc.) with ease.
So just one tool for any font identification you need.
The solution name is WhatFontIs and the website looks like this.
Here is why WhatFontIs is the best solution in the font identification industry:
- Largest database of fonts – over 790k fonts, both free and paid.
- The only system capable of identifying both free and paid fonts.
- It works with all font foundries, including Google Fonts.
- Free to use and no registration needed.
- For each identified font, you will get 60+ free and paid font alternatives.
- Quick and efficient font identification process – under 60 seconds.
- Intuitive interface.
You will use directly the website for identifying fonts from pictures but if you want to identify instantly fonts from the web, you should install the WhatFontIs Google Chrome Extension.
How to Identify Fonts with WhatFontIs
If you want to identify fonts from pictures, there are only a couple of steps:
- Take a picture of the font you like.
- Upload it on www.whatfontis.com
- Crop the picture if needed.
- Write down the letters identified by the smart Ai software.
- Get all the details of the font you like – font name, download address, price (maybe you are lucky and it is free), and as a bonus you will get 60+ free and paid font alternatives.
Do you see how simple it is?
This tool offers unlimited possibilities.
Take a picture of all the fonts you like and identify them with WhatFontIs.
Now that you know the easiest way to identify fonts, you should start creating your own collection of cool fonts.